a little birdie told me that i’m getting an iPhone!!! my hubby is the bestest! the whole thought of getting a new phone is exciting. new features… apps… a whole new feel and weight in my hand entirely. CRAZY how much we rely on these little chucks of plastic and micro chips. I try to not let it be within arms length at all times… but it seems like just when i’m starting to finally enjoy life without the constant technology connection, i find my phone has 4 missed calls, voicemail messages, missed texts that have been sitting there for hours patiently waiting for a reply. *sigh* and i have been using my phone so much for quick daily snapshots that i suppposssssse it’s a good idea to carry it around with me always. but i refuse to get a case for it or attach it to my body by any means. Ry is strongly against this. “what if you drop it?” “what if it get’s pepsi spilled on it?” “what if an angry squirrel runs off with it?” SO? cases are traditionally bulky and clunky, and i prefer my phone to be kept sleek and light and as the manufacture intended. besides: any purse i buy has a convenient side pouch for such a thing. i consider it my phone-baby bjorn. : ) now onto some pics! these are some random pics i’ve been hoarding on my phone for the past 3 or 4 months. they’re just for fun. (and a lot easier to capture when i’m not lugging around my “good” camera)….
1. we stopped by a home improvement store (ryan has a fetish with home improvement stores…. i usually am just along for the ride and moral support). but seriously?! where else can you buy electronics and hidden valley just inches away from one another?
2. another trip to the home improvement store on a sunday and the light was just perfect on the car seat. i heart this image.
3. this is tyson’s 2nd favorite spot in the house.
4. the wahoo pool had a doggie swim night (the night before it was drained for the summer, of course). they had so much fun!
5. what i just had done to my hair! the darkest portion is a slight shade of eggplant. : )
6. is it a lamb? is it a dog? it’s toby….who reluctantly let me wrap him up like a baby.
7. this was a storm that went right over kearney… from my aunt and uncles driveway while i was in town shooting.
8. the. best. smelling. lotion. ever. smells like almond extract! ….which i can’t seem to get enough of in my diet.
9. this is a little dog statue that lives on top of our microwave cupboard. when the track light hits it, his shadow looks like a toby-sized dog is perched on our curtain rod.
10. shopping one day and saw this…. i want ryan to make me one.
11. Hank Thomalla. he lives a couple houses down. he stayed with us for a few days while his folks were in Chicago. they brought us back the BEST EVER popcorn. I could really really go for some right now!!
12. some cover band that was playing at Two Fine Irishmen in West Omaha when we went out to celebrate all the fall birthdays with PPN.
13. taken in fremont… photo shoot location scouting. didn’t end up shooting here because the sun went down too fast. darn.
14. the place of our own little photo shoot last month : )
15. can’t remember which Husker game…. i actually hate all sports (even though i worked at a sports medicine clinic for 8 years!)
16. date night… ate at Charlestons. mucho gusto.
17. random pic
18. my dad likes stuff like this.
19. this is where tyson can be found most week nights.
20. tree lighting ceremony downtown…. right after santa flipped the switch
21. my buddy sheila and i drooling over this beautiful appliance. too bad it costs 11K and is as big as a smart car.